Saturday, October 15, 2011

Britain, I salute you!

So there's something about British guys that attracts me to them.  It's not the accent, because not all of them have one.  It's something.

The third Birtish guy I dated was an absolute sweetheart.  Brought me flowers & candy on the first date, and an entire Godiva Cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory all the way from SF, where he was driving down from on the second date.  He even bought Patriots tickets for the third date bc he knew I was a huge fan.  I really liked the guy...but just as a friend.  I didnt feel any chemistry with him to want more.  Isnt that sad?  I'm just sad.  I had a complete gentleman in front of me and I was rejecting him.  Happy to say though, he did find himself a deserving girl and has been married for almost a year now.  He and I did stay in touch as good friends.  Small world got smaller when his neice and my younger brother started flirting about 2 years ago.  Little brother hates how I always end up knowing the girls he tries to date.

So, after that, there were a few more Brits I met and was charmed with.  Hotlanta being one of them.  There is one more that has been in the background and he usually pops in and out throughout the years. 

We will call him "H" bc its too early in the morning for me to come up with a clever nickname.

H actually is in England right now.  He and I were introduced by hoards of family friends when they all found out he was coming to the States for a vacation.  So he and I have been corresponding for about 3 years now.  We've been trying to get to know each other better for this long time and being in different countries and time zones dont help.  So, we continue to try.  Maybe one day it'll be concluded whether we should agressively pursue this or say goodbye.  Side note:  he's super cute in a total dorky way!  Have I mentioned I'm attracted to nerdy looking guys who wear glasses, are about avg build, and make corny jokes?  This guy loves to rag on Americans and their S'mores, making me his perfect target.  I dont mind, I love hearing the British accent.

Turns out he and my old roomie are close friends.  She's getting hitched in about 2 months to my really good guy friend this year.  H was going to come for the wedding and stay a little longer for some "travel" but his boss won't give him the time off.  I was so bummed when he told me.  Oh well, maybe in April I'll get to see him?

No comments:

Post a Comment