Thursday, October 27, 2011

Math, Astrology, & Matchmaking

Many Hindu families consider Astrology a big part of our culture.  My family and I also believe in it very much.  So kind of like reading the Horoscopes.  The United States goes my the Sun signs and in India, they go by the Moon signs. 

So I am an Aquarius here, and a Virgo there.  But over there, the readings are very different.  Keep this in mind as you read on.

Along with reading horoscopes, we also do palm reading.  I've learned the art of hand reading and am pretty much an amature at it, but it's an art that you have to really study.  Part of the hand reading is destiny reading.  The lines on our hands change over time, meaning our destinies are also changing with it, based on the decisions we choose to make.  Well, with the palm readings and the astrological calculations we do, our Hindu priests are able to determine the "good times" and "bad times" in our lives.  They can also predict a time frame of marriage, having children, and approximate age of death.

When you reach the marriage potential status, some people take this a little further.  My family and I dont go this far, but some of my potential suitors do.

There's a thing called matching Kundalis.  You take the date, time, location of your birth and match it to your prospective match.  There are up to 36 things that can match, making you extremely compatible.  I've heard I matched 34 things with Hotlanta.  We all know how that ended.  And I think the lowest one I've gotten is a 7 with someone.  Dodged a bullet there-whew.  lol.  The priests that match these Kundalis can also tell you more detailed stuff (mostly nonsense in my book) about the two people.  It's all usually bad stuff. 

For instance, they might think the girl's stars are misaligned and unbalanced thereby making her first marriage end in divorce.  To avoid this catastrophe, she must first marry a plant and then the guy.

Seriously?.....    seriously......

This has been done.  Aishwariya Rai is the Angelina Jolie of Bollywood.  She was Miss World in like 1997 or something and she married the up & coming Brad Pitt of Bollywood.  But not before she married a tree first.  -_-

I'm a skeptic when it comes to this.  My mom has had my horoscope read by a lot of people since I was little bc I'm a magnet for bad luck- no joke.  I've had black magic curses put on me when I've gone to India, etc.  I'm relieved she doesnt wanna match my kundali with anyone bc they might they tell her to marry me to a dog first.  Seriously......

There's a guy who wants to marry me right now that is looking into matching our Kundalis today.  He wants to make sure we match first before they ask my parents for my hand in marriage.  :D  :D  :D  im laughing up a storm right now.  Umm...I'd like to be asked too you know.  Every girl has a dream about a proposal.  I'd like to not save it just for my dreams.

Anyways, yesterday was our Diwali.  It's a huge holiday we celebrate with lighting lights, candles, do fireworks, etc. to celebrate life and the story of Ramayana; how good overcame evil.  Today is our New Year.  It's said that what you do on the day of New Years will resonate for the rest of the coming year.  So last year, I was on a plane traveling.  I've traveled a lot this year.  Today, I've cleaned, cooked, worked on a project, and planned a trip.  So, maybe I have a year of near domestication ahead???  We will see!  Happy New Year everyone!  (Saal Mubarak).

No comments:

Post a Comment