Saturday, October 1, 2011

Walking into Disaster

On a bright sunny day, I was getting ready to catch my flight out of Dallas to come back home.  Since I had a rental car, I was going to drive myself back to the airport from my parents' house.  My mom had another idea in mind.  She told me she was on her way to a family baby shower that same day in Dallas so we could follow each other on the drive into the city, but she wanted to make a pit stop at a "friend's place."  I should've been clued off as to shenanigans going on.  Well, we stopped at the house and as soon as I walk in, there he is sitting and waiting for me.  *awkward*

Some friends of mine from Dallas had come to visit my parents when I wasnt home.  They had a guest in tow.  He saw pictures of me in the house and I assume was taken with me.  He had told his parents that he wanted a setup to meet me.  Well, word got around that I was coming home for our holiday.  Some lady had called my mom and they arranged a meeting for the day I was going to come back to Cali.  So the guy knew we were meeting this day but the only one out of the loop was me.  I walked right into disaster.  To top it off, my mom didn't know what guy it was.  She said the lady told her he saw my pictures at my house but it never occurred to her it was the same weird one that came with my friends.  That day that they visited, my dad had his professional camera out to clean.  This guy thought he'd come over and help put it away or clean it or something, and he broke my dad's camera.  My dad was pissed.  When my mom saw the guy as we walked in, she whispered to me, "that's the guy that broke your camera.  None of us like him, so don't like him either." 
Can you feel my eyes getting wide?

The guy came alone to his aunt's place, but his cousins were there checking me out and giggling in the kitchen.  His aunt and uncle were obviously in unfamiliar territory.  The guy just sat there gawking at me while I was trying to avoid eye contact.  My mom, aunt, and little cousin were with me and they just sat there looking at my face to see if I was attracted to the guy... ya, as if anyone can read my face that easily.

Well, we ended up "going on a drive," and he drove us 15 miles out to a Starbucks.  Wow, right?  Well we walk in and sit down to have a chat.  I dont remember anything this guy said beyond P90X.  He was so hardcore about it.  I told him I didnt do it but he seemed to want to recruit me or something.  P90X this, P90X that.  He is the P90X Guy.

Needless to say I rejected him.  This was one year ago.  I'm going back home for the festivities in a few more days and I'm praying another repeat of last year isn't in stow for me again this year.

This past May, I saw him again at my friend's wedding.  He kept staring and smiling at me.  I figured out who his mum was within 20 mins of reaching the wedding venue.  She kept staring at me too.  My mum in the meantime was busy trying to get me to meet 3 guys.  One of whom turned out to be the P90X Guy's little brother!!!  Heck no!  One of the other guys I met that day turned out to have a girlfriend that his mom didnt know about already.

My world is very small and it keeps getting smaller.  My dad swears he hates that guy for breaking his camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment