Sunday, September 11, 2011

Confused in Chicago

I am currently in Chicago right now, and due to my insane schedule this fall, I don't have a whole lot of dates free in my book for me to do "other stuff" like meet up the guys my parents are trying to set me up with.  So, tonight, I have someone flying in from the east coast to meet me here.  We will call him.... idk, 'Ted.'  He's the 4th guy from Atlanta, im out of nicknames for them.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this.  A LOT of mixed feelings. 

I cant tell you all the details, but this morning before my parents hit the road to drive back to Texas, my uncle came upto me to say bye and he also added, "Good luck today, and just say 'No.'"  He said this because he knows all the thoughts that are currently in my head.  This arranged marriage business is a tangled web of a mess.  Let me explain why.

Since none of these guys are my boyfriends, or even a guy that I picked out, my family (very objectively) begins to create a breakdown of the person at hand.  Problem is that when they start to do this, I end up with some family members who like the guy, and others who are dead set against it.  This is almost always the case with my parents.  While my dad likes the current guy, my mom isnt too sure about it bc she wasnt given much information.  But neither one has ever met the guy, or seen a picture until I showed it to them.  Then, there's me.  I'm kind of like "bleh."  I know it's not good to be like this, but right now, I've no motivation whatsoever to dedicate myself to finding a husband.  A lot of it has to do with Kiddha. 

Kiddha is a guy I met a year ago.  The stupid idiot has manged to creep up inside my head and whenever I get myself to forget him, he magically calls, or texts, and whoop, he's back.  He has me so confused.  My friend named him Kiddha bc it means "what's up" in Punjabi.  Yep, he's Sikh Punjabi.  Different religion, different part of origination from India.  It's like a person from California meeting a person from Montana.  You both are from two different kinds of lifestyles and cultures.  But Indians put more stigma on this kind of stuff.  So, this means SpicyCurryChick has stepped onto the forbidden territory and is still figuring out whether to step forward or to come back to what I call, "Little Miss Obedient" land.

Kiddha knows I'm meeting up a guy my parents are setting me up with this weekend.  We've talked about it a lot and he's also supposed to be meeting girls his mom is trying to marry him with.  So, we had a nice discussion; he gave his 'go ahead' signal that he was fine with it.  He then, of course, calls last night when I least expected it and told me he's on the road for work right now and he's headed up this way today.  He's confusing me!  Wish me luck today as I try to figure out what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment