Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shake My Head ... WTF moments galore

After Alligator, I figured my parents really did have a good idea of what kind of guy I was attracted to, and what kind of personality blends well with mine.  They do, but the problem is, is that my parents get these phone calls from people in my clan.  They're all calling to ask if they're still looking for "a nice Indian boy for me," and if so, they have a bucket list of guys they'd like me to meet.

My mom was beyond frustrated with some of the phone calls she got.  Some of the people would call her everyday asking her for my phone number or email to give to the guys they wanted to introduce me to.  My mom and I talked and decided to put in a filtering system to wean out the flakes.  So my mom's job now is to find out who's reccommending these guys for me, and find a friend that would give an honest opinon on the family.  It's important bc I'm not just marrying the guy, I'm marrying the whole family.  And shoot, if I'm going to be living with my in-laws, I want my mom to be rest assured they will treat me well.

So, one guy made it through the filter but on one has ever heard of him...ever.  So I entered this cautiously.  I'm already shaking my head before telling you what happened.

Right away, I knew this guy was weird, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  My patience though with this guy grew weary within one week.  He was not impressing me.  And I figured out he lied about his profession.  My mom was pissed when I told her.  Strike 1.

I called him one day to be nice.  Im so mean, I never call any of these guys.  lol.  I heard a lot of typing in the background so I offered to get off the line, since he might be working?  The guy didnt even think to lie to me.  I wish he did.  He told me he was playing World of Warcraft while he was talking to me.  I was livid!  So I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine.  I figured once he starts asking me questions, I'll give him dumb answers.  But he one up'd me.  I asked him to ask me questions to get to know me better.  So out of all the things to ask... this guy asked me what my favorite roller coaster at Six Flags was!!!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Argh... I'm ready to dump this one already.

Here comes the kicker.  After his moronic question, I asked him why he was talking to me; like what was the point of him being introduced to me.  He told me it was because his mom thought he needed a girl to talk to.  OHH-EEMM-GEE!!!  Am I this girl now?  Or is Ashton Kutcher around somewhere to punk me?  I felt angry, embarrassed, frustrated, everything.  To make it worse, this guy wasn't joking.  I told him thanks but no thanks.  I shall husband hunt elsewhere.  I wish though.  This guy continued to call me for 2 weeks after.  I felt bad, but this isnt what I signed up for.

I get my "oh hell no" attitude from my mom.  So when I told her why I rejected this one, she was so peeved that she called the guy's grandmother to ask if they had appropriately raised their offsprings.  I think his grandma was floored too. 

And that was the story of the Aerospace Engineer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment