Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oh, Yogi!

So, the drama had left off at me being in Chicago getting ready to meet Ted, (who I am now renaming 'Yogi Bear,').  Also, Kiddha had called to say he's coming up from Oklahoma to where I am.

Fasten Your Seat Belts, It's Going to be A Bumpy Ride...

I never met Kiddha while I was in Chicago.  He fell off the face of the earth the day after he called.  He tends to do that.

I did meet Yogi Bear.  Twice.  On the first night, I was dreading it so much, I made my sister come along on the date for my moral support.  Side note: we ordered this Dark Chocolate Lava Cake and Hazelnut Gelato dessert that came out presented in a penis shape and Yogi Bear didn't notice.  My sister and I had a good reminiscent moment from Vegas when I had hosted my first Bachorlette party exactly one year ago that night.  That was an epic weekend *sigh.*

Well, night #1 ended good so we moved onto date #2.  This time, it was just me and him.

Before I tell you more, let me give you some background on this guy.  Like I mentioned before, my parents were already 50-50 on this guy.  Well, he and I started corresponding about 2 months ago-ish.  We know basics about each other, so this trip was meant for us to get to know one another a little bit more personally and see if we want to take it further.  I had told him in advance that I'd be asking some hard questions.  I don't think he took me seriously until the questions started.

End result: Yogi Bear is no longer a viable candidate. 

The Deal breaker:  He suggested to me that perhaps I may want to change careers.  That was rude, but what was worse was him failing at a joke where he said I was like a Dexter, I'd hurt someone just so I could fix them.  He referred to me as a murderer more than once on the date.  I was dumbfounded and a bit offended, even though I knew he was joking (I hope).

He obviously 1) has a bad sense of humor, 2) really doesn't get who I am as a person and 3)saw no value of what I did for a living.  I was shocked because I'd never met anyone before who didn't think the sun shined out of my ass for being a nurse.  Honestly, it's nice when you get that recognition that I am in a tough field that not only is physically draining but mentally as well.  He knew about me getting injured by a patient so I thought he was suggesting I leave the field to avoid further "occurrences." 

I'm so naive. 

When I probed further, it was because he wanted me to open a business with him.  It was so odd.  I wanted to walk away and digest everything I was hearing.  He casually explained that I didn't need to do that.  But I could tell he'd probably really want me to because he would one day think his business venture was more valuable than me living my dream.  No thanks.

Sing it Jay Z, "Onto the next one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment