Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hotlanta

I dont know where to start on this guy.  This guy is the closest thing I've come to a relationship since my heartbreak.  I think we could've gone far, he and I.  If it just weren't for his fear of commitment to someone.  -_- 

The great thing about Hotlanta is that he made an attempt to get to know me.  And unlike some of the other guys, he tried to work around my night shift schedule to Skype me whenever he could.  It was difficult but bc there was that time dedication from both parties, it wasn't as hard as it is right now...(my current story is to be told later).

As I mentioned before, you have to make sure the guys you meet from my caste aren't related to you.  This guy wasn't found by my mom.  In fact, it was me who found him.  On Facebook.  :D  Social networking at it's best.  Turns out, we know a lot of the same people but we weren't anywhere near being related *huge sigh of relief*

Another side note: It's kinda odd, but I always end up being attracted to guys who end up originating from England.  This includes guys with and without accents.  The ones who impress me are always the English.  That country is definitely doing something right!

Hotlanta is also English.  And we actually did meet.  It was an amazing trip, and odd but very memorable.  I wont reveal details because those are only for me to know but it went so well that I even got this charmer to give me a leg rub before my flight. 


When he and I finally met in person and knew sparks were flying, we had decided we would take it slow.  I was his first "girl interest" and I was trying to come off my high horse of not wanting a serious relationship.  So, things progressed how we wanted it to.  We did tell our parents we were interested in someone and let them know who it was... turns out our parents were good friends with one another.  This was a bonus.

Then one day, we were no more.  It hurt my feelings because .... it just did.  Im not gonna get all mushy and girly on you all.  But I completely understood his perspective.  I get so annoyed with myself.  I'm so understanding it makes me sick.  So we decided to stay friends and in touch with the possibility, that we can get together in the future.  But even that changed.  The reason behind it is extremely sensitive material to me and if you heard the whole story, it would also hurt your feelings.

So, I took all in stride and moved on.  I know I deserve a guy who needs to be there through all my flaws.  I tell people this all the time and I truly believe every word of it too, "I could never judge a person on their flaws because I have so many myself."  I dont believe in perfection.  There's no such thing.  Just like you can never please everybody.  There will always be that one exception.  I guess for me, I want to find that one exception who looks at me and sees me through all my brick walls I've built back up.  I'm not an architect, but I promise you, my wall is pretty darn solid.

End lesson learned: I'm gonna have to continue being that girl that really may end up with 27 Dresses for now. 

I should've also warned you all that the stories are also sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment